A one year 200 hour (non-clinical) certificate program, which offers skills training for professionals in the facilitation of expressive movement, dance and embodiment practices for community applications. Open to dance teachers/artists, therapists, healthcare professionals, yoga and other movement teachers and educators.
If you have not been accepted please apply now.
- Hana Kamea Kemble, MA, RCC, CLMA, BC-DMT, Hana’s cell phone: 604 781 6040
- Amanda Peñaloza-Banks, CMA-SP, RSME
- Veronica Berezowsky RCC, R-DMT, RSMT.
Contact Information: email@example.com general administration (Monica Hernandez is our administrative assistant)
Program includes synchronous and asynchronous learning time
40 hours of Self-Directed Study which must include:
- 6 sessions with a somatic movement practitioner (6hrs minimum) *we will provide a list of possibilities in the Vancouver area and you can always look for someone local to your own area (students pay fees directly to the practitioner)
- Community based projects, including group facilitation and individual sessions *we recommend students facilitate 8 individual and 8 group sessions (16hrs minimum)
- Embodiment classes – exposure to a range of facilitation and modalities in somatic and expressive movement and dance (18hrs minimum) *we will provide a list of recommended classes in the Vancouver area or you can choose from your own community’s available classes either in person or online (students pay fees directly to the instructors)
- Students need to explore 2-3 different dance styles in classes online or in their community over the course of the program duration
- Students will need to purchase 2 textbooks, approximate cost is $100.00 (but can vary due to inflation).
- Students will have required readings (often provided if articles) that it is highly encouraged to read and supplemental readings that are by choice.
- Students will prepare and present a 10 minute oral presentation about applying The Movement Arc’s Expressive Movement Facilitation within their community or for an individual case study (during our last class).
**In-person courses are dependent on COVID safety protocols; if we cannot meet in person we will meet online. We may request mask wearing and daily Covid home testing in order to participate in person. We honour medical exemptions.
***Students are expected to attend intensives in person. We are not able to accommodate hybrid learning by filming the intensives. If you were to miss an intensive due to illness or other emergency, you would be welcome to attend the following year’s in person intensive and would receive your Certificate after all coursework is completed.
Schedule for 2023:
In Person Training Component: Two 6 day intensives – 90 Hrs total
- March 19-24, 2023, Vancouver, BC: 45hrs, 6 days, 9:00am – 6:00pm (7.5 hour days)
- July 2-7, 2023, BC (TBA): 45hrs, 6 days, 9:00am – 6:00pm (7.5 hour days)
Online Training Component: Zoom classes and webinars – 70 Hrs total
- Two online classes per month for 10 months live via Zoom: 4.5hrs/month, (February – November, every 2nd Friday 1pm-3:15pm Pacific)
Dates: Feb 3, 17, March 3, 31, April 14, 28, May 12, 26, June 9, 23, July 14, 28, August 11, 25, Sept 8, 22, Oct 6, 20 and Nov 3 and 17.
- One online class November 18: Seminar on Projects/Presentations and Closure Ritual, 5hrs (9:30-12pm & 1-3:30pm)
- 20 hours of webinar/asynchronous learning in 8 modules (2-3 hours per module to complete by end of module) all asynchronous hours completed by September 2023.