The Deepening Skills with Individuals and Groups course aims to deepen EMF students’ skills in the areas of movement facilitation, One to One and in Groups. Somatic movement repatterning skills are introduced and practiced, including the ethical use of touch. Students will further their experience and knowledge in the areas of LBMS and movement observation as well as gain practice in planning, designing and facilitating somatic movement experiences relating to goal areas and intentions of their students/clients. The aim of this course is to have students take their EMF skills to a higher level of mastery and integration. Students practice leading 1/1 as well as group sessions for their peers, and will gain more understanding of group dynamics and considerations in creating safe spaces and supporting spontaneous self-expression as well as conflict resolution through dance and movement.
Through movement experientials (groups, partners, individual), inclusion of writing/art, discussion and reflection, students will:
1) Develop knowledge and skills in application of touch within EMF sessions, including self-with-self, self-with-other, and facilitator-with-client.
2) Deepen knowledge and skills in Body Systems and Patterns of Body Connectivity, specifically with inclusion of touch.
3) Develop awareness, understanding, and skills in Trauma-Informed Practices.
4) Deepen knowledge and skills in designing and facilitating somatic and expressive movement with individuals.
5) Deepen knowledge and skills in designing and facilitating somatic and expressive movement with groups.
6) Deepen skills in movement observation.
7) Practice skills in leading/facilitating expressive movement experientials for individuals and groups.
This course takes place in person over 7.5days as Intensive #3, on Saltspring Island, BC, Canada